Tuesday, January 1

2018: 17 ALBUMS

I can't and won't say that 2018 was an especially good year for me. What with multiple falls (one resulting in a broken arm; one resulting in a broken rib), multiple doctor's visits, multiple X-rays and CAT scans, my student loans officially going into default, a crappy, grub-infested front lawn, a squirrel living in my attic, a snake living under my front porch, and a madman living in the White House.. well... it really just all kind of sucked.

Still, music -- as always -- made almost all things bearable. The following is a list of some of my favorite albums from this past year. Who knows... you may like them, too...
SARAH BLASKO/depth of field
COUER DE PIRATE/en cas de tempete, ce jardin sera ferme
COYLE GIRELLI/love kills
THE FAMILY CREST/the war (act 1)
THE FRATELLIS/in your own sweet time
GEOWULF/great big blue
KATIE HERZIG/moment of bliss
THE KOOKS/let's go sunshine
LISSIE/castles
MATING RITUAL/light myself on fire
METRIC/art of doubt
MODERN SPACE/flip for it
OH  PEP!/i wasn't only thinking about you...
OPHELIA/blackbox memories
THE SLOW READERS CLUB/build a tower
TELEMAN/family of aliens

No comments: