Sunday, January 8

BEST OF 2011 (PART 1)

Another year passes, a couple more end-of-year Best Ofs rear their pretty heads.  Well... pretty to me, anyway.  All of the following tunes appeared on previous 2011 mixes here, of which there were 16, ultimately.  In choosing my favorite 41 songs of the year, I of course made use of my ears, gut, and -- dare I say -- heart.  These were the ones that got into my head and under my skin -- the ones I couldn't keep out.  Hope they resonate somewhere/somehow/someway with you, as well.

Left-click [HERE] or [HERE] to download the BEST OF 2011 (PART 1) mix.

TRACKLIST ---

01 BLACKOUT anna calvi
02 POST BREAK-UP SEX the vaccines
03 SICK LOVE scanners
04 SAME MISTAKE clap your hands say yeah
05 WAY TO THE FUTURE katie herzig
06 BRIGHT & EARLY sleeping at last
07 RECORDS alamo race track
08 ALL THE SAND IN ALL THE SEA devotchka
09 CREDIT CARD BABIE$ men
10 GHOSTS OF UTOPIA iamx
11 TEN DON’TS TO LIVE BY don lennon
12 APPREHENSION manchester orchestra
13 GROW wake! owl
14 I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU russian red
15 NEW ZEALAND french films
16 SPRAWL II (MOUNTAINS BEYOND MOUNTAINS) arcade fire
17 LOTUS FLOWER radiohead
18 COLD BLACK KITTY pete and the pirates
19 STARING AT THE SUN katharina nuttall
20 EUPHORIA, TAKE MY HAND glasvegas

3 comments:

Loyal Plague of Angels Fan said...

Thank you!

JOE GILLIS said...

Thank you, my loyal friend. Look for the first new mix of 2012 on Sunday. Hope you find some songs worth finding....

Scum said...

Spotify Playlist for both parts.

http://open.spotify.com/user/julianyounguk/playlist/7hxLIKN5QQ3U8RK2WOgcDh

Again some missing tracks and artists but pretty good result!

Thanks again Molotov!