Sunday, September 9

THE REAL TUESDAY WELD

For some reason, I was under the impression that THE REAL TUESDAY WELD specialized in twee indie-pop. I'm guessing it was the band name that threw me. Damn the bastards for false advertising.

Head honcho STEPHEN COATES calls this music "antique beat." Damn the bastard for vague labeling.

However the hell you want to pigeonhole things, "Ruth, Roses and Revolvers" has a certain gypsy swagger to it; "Dorothy Parker Blue" casts a woozy, narcotic spell; and "The Ugly and the Beautiful" plays like a last-call-at-a-less-than-respectable-cabaret singalong. Just right for a Sunday night? Depends, I guess, on your mood.

In this case, "antique beat" trumps "twee."

THE REAL TUESDAY WELD on MySPACE.

From the LP THE BOOK OF THE DEAD, 2007 >>>
[
MP3] "Ruth, Roses and Revolvers"
[
MP3] "Dorothy Parker Blue"

From the LP I, LUCIFER, 2004 >>>
[
MP3] "The Ugly and the Beautiful"

No comments: