Wednesday, November 16

GUSTAV & THE SEASICK SAILORS

[The correct, full-length MP3 of "Nightlife" has now been inserted in its proper slot below. My apologies to those that previously downloaded the truncated version. Me be dumb.]

I'm staying up past my bedtime this morning because I just received an e-mail from Sweden. Specifically, I received an e-mail from Gustav & the Seasick Sailors, an artist/band that I was already familiar with by way of their super-swell song "Angels Fable."

Seems that Gustav (just 20 years old, apparently) and his friends will be releasing an LP (Vagabond's Polka) in March of '06. I'm liking what I'm hearing thus far - lots of acoustic guitars and piano. Often gentle. Sometimes ever-so-slightly unhinged. Yes, it seems that Sweden has done it again (hell, even Madonna's sampling the Swedes).

Here's hoping that Gustav & his sailors receive many warm welcomes in many foreign ports...

[MP3] [left-click] "Nightlife"

[MP3] [left-click] "Mr. Moment and Miss Clarity"

[MP3] [left-click] "Minnie D"

[MP3] [left-click] "Angels Fable"

No comments: