Monday, July 7

THE MORNING BENDERS

You know, I was actually going to take today off. I figured I deserved it. Other than Saturdays, I don't think I've missed a day around here since the beginning of my... ahem... "non-voluntary" sobriety period last July.

But wouldn't you know it -- rather than being able to kick back and relax this morning, I found myself feeling much the same way I used to feel when I didn't get some vodka into my system by 1 PM: relentlessly restless & a bit itchy in my own skin.


So, I surrender (to the tunes, not the booze). And I have the perfect band -- with the perfect band name -- to usher me past the nausea & shakes. Northern California's THE MORNING BENDERS. Indie-poppers. Short, sunshiny songs with a bit o' the '60s in them. Better than an early-morning Bloody Mary? Debatable. But a nice enough alternative. (And a lot lighter on the liver.)

THE MORNING BENDERS on MySPACE.

From the LP TALKING THROUGH TIN CANS, 2008 >>>
[MP3] "Damnit Anna"
[MP3] [VID] "Waiting for a War"

No comments: