Tuesday, November 14

KEVIN DEVINE



I don't spotlight a lot of low-key singer-songwriters on this blog, in part because so many other blogs make a specialty of that. Also, in part, because low-key singer-songwriters sometimes make me sleepy.

Even so, I'm putting up a couple of low-key songs by low-key Brooklynite
Kevin Devine today. I'm not going to write much about the guy because, 1.) I don't know a hell of a lot about him, and, 2.) I'm sleepy.

I can tell you that he released his first major-label album (Put Your Ghost to Rest) on October 17, and that he may soon be coming to a town near you (see below... as well as his
MySpace page).

Nov 14 7:30P/The Black Sheep/Colorado Springs, CO
Nov 15 6:30P/Club Sound/Salt Lake City, UT
Nov 17 7:00P/The Roxy/Los Angeles, CA
Nov 18 7:00P/Chain Reaction/Anaheim, CA
Nov 19 6:00P/Bottom of the Hill/San Francisco, CA
Nov 20 8:00P/Parkview/Riverside, CA
Nov 21 6:30P/Soma Sidestage/San Diego, CA

[MP3] "You'll Only End Up Joining Them"

[MP3] "Brooklyn Boy"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for these. He's opening for Straylight Run in a few weeks, and I'm looking forward to seeing him. There's some live stuff here; the rendition of "No Time Flat" is particularly good.

Keep up the good work.