Wednesday, May 17

THE DIVINE COMEDY


The Divine Comedy is the "nom de pop" of Neil Hannon, an Irishman who deserves a place alongside Jarvis Cocker, Morrissey, and Neil Tennant in the mordant-wit pantheon of songwriters. Like those gentlemen, he is more than capable of joining a cute-yet-cutting couplet with a killer riff or a can't-get-it-out-of-my-head melody.

His latest album, Victory for the Comic Muse, comes out on June 19th. To put it mildly, I have rather high expectations for this one, despite not loving the first song I heard from the record ("To Die a Virgin"). Here are two tracks that I find a bit more promising, as well as my two favorites from his previous effort.

From the LP Victory for the Comic Muse, 2006 >>>
[MP3] "Diva Lady"
[MP3] "The Light of Day"

From the LP Absent Friends, 2004 >>>
[MP3] "Absent Friends"
[MP3] "Our Mutual Friend"

4 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

Thank you so much for this post. "The Light Of Day" is gorgeous the FIRST time you hear it! The single is a grower - love the lyrics.

I also agree with your picks from the last CD. great blog!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous sushi lover said...

Dear molotov,
I have just recently (yesterday!) discovered your blog and I'm amazed!
you have great taste (well... similar to mine :)

thank you for bringing new songs to my life!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. Recently I created a site about lucid dreaming and would love you to take a look to see what you think

7:57 PM  
Blogger Azot said...

mp3
In fact the set is so long I will post it in two parts, this is the first twelve songs, part two will feature the last seven songs of the regular set plus six encore tracks.

All good things, as they say, must come to an end. Now, I don't know that this blog ever really qualified as a "good" thing, but, from June 4, 2005 to March 5, 2009, it certainly provided me some much-appreciated distraction from the real world.Turkisch free mp3 download.

I've always assumed that I would keep this blog going for as long as I was alive to do it, and so I have. But change is afoot, and the time has finally come to put this thing out of its misery.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Flag Counter
Site Meter