Tuesday, May 16

RANDOM SAMPLER


THE WALKMEN >>>

I can only tolerate three of the songs on the Walkmen's upcoming CD A Hundred Miles Off [May 23rd]. You can download one of them at Stereogum. You can download another one of them at Badminton Stamps. You can download the last one of them right here.

[MP3] "Good for You's Good for Me"


REGINA SPEKTOR >>>

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far from Regina Spektor's new record Begin to Hope [June 13th]. Especially on the first half, she seems to have toned down some of her more "eccentric" mannerisms and locked in to at least a handful of memorable melodies. Still, she remains a unique artist - and not for all tastes.

[MP3] "On the Radio"


PRIMAL SCREAM >>>

This is the only song on Primal Scream's upcoming album Riot City Blues [June 5th/UK] for which I'm willing to punch the REPEAT button.

[MP3] "When the Bomb Drops"


TILLY AND THE WALL >>>

I already included Tilly and the Wall's "Bad Education" on my recent "Best of April" mix. Now here comes my second favorite track from the band's latest release [Bottoms of Barrels/May 23rd].

[MP3] "Sing Songs Along"

No comments: