I spent a good chunk of my Thursday driving around my old haunting grounds of Ann Arbor. The windows were down, the sun and temp were up (60 degrees!; happy day, happy day!). All the while, I was blasting some of my favorite songs from the month of March, trying them out, inflicting them upon the oblivious 18-, 19-, and 20-year-olds slouching along the campus streets.
Seems like just yesterday that I was one of them. But that was 16, 17, and 18 years ago. How intensely depressing....
On the plus side, the music sounded pretty damn good to me. Hope it'll sound that way to you, too.
Left-click [here] to grab the tracks.
1) Ladytron/Destroy Everything You Touch
2) Hard-Fi/Gotta Reason
3) The Sounds/Painted By Numbers
4) Clearlake/Getting Light Outside
5) Los Super Elegantes/Panadero
6) Archie Bronson Outfit/Cherry Lips
7) The Dresden Dolls/Necessary Evil
8) The Raconteurs/Steady, as She Goes
9) The New Amsterdams/Hover Near Fame
10) The Delays/Cavalry
11) Timo Raisanen/Fear No Darkness, Promised Child
12) Marit Larsen/Only a Fool
13) Gustav & the Seasick Sailors/Charlie Fay
15) Morrissey/You Have Killed Me
16) Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Turn Into
17) Margot & the Nuclear So and So's/Quiet as a Mouse
18) Love is All/Spinning and Scratching
19) I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness/The Ghost
20) Mates of State/Nature and the Wreck