Wednesday, March 7

LAVENDER DIAMOND



LAVENDER DIAMOND. The very name reeks of richness. Sweetness. Decadence. Sweet decadence. Decadent sweetness. And so forth.
I'm not sure I entirely trust a band that does the bumper-sticker "Peace!" and "Find Your Center!" thing on their MySPACE page. Or that describes their sound as "the sound of love!".
But maybe REBECCA STARK's sweet, rich, decadent voice (along with my first taste of cheap, thin, decadent vodka this week) will help lift me out of today's gloomy, piss-poor mood.
LAVENDER DIAMOND's debut LP, IMAGINE OUR LOVE, will be released by Matador on May 8.
The band will be playing Joe's Pub in New York City tonight at 11:30 PM.

From the LP IMAGINE OUR LOVE, 2007 >>>
[MP3] "Open Your Heart"
[MP3] "Side of the Lord"

From the EP THE CAVALRY OF LIGHT, 2005 >>>
[MP3] "You Broke My Heart"
[MP3] "Rise in the Springtime"

No comments: