Monday, June 16

FRISKA VILJOR

It was just this past November that I typed the following succession of letters:

"FRISKA VILJOR are two merry music-makers from the enchanted land of Stockholm-in-Sweden. According to a free-and-convenient online translation service I spent many seconds seeking, their name means "Fresh Wills" in English. This was a disappointment to me. I wanted their name to mean "Frisky Villains." Is that asking so much? (Regardless, "Fresh Wills" is preferable to the translation provided by a rival free-and-convenient service -- "Freshen Want" -- which I believe was actually the title of a popular, Nazi-era breath-mint jingle composed by GUSTAV MAHLER.) (I could be wrong about this, but I don't think so.)

The men of Friska Viljor have pledged to never compose sober. (A noble notion, but somebody needs to tell them that PETE DOHERTY and AMY WINEHOUSE have already blazed that trail, thank you very much.)"


Apparently, the Absolut has been flowing freely, because Friska Viljor have already gone ahead and completed another happily ragged LP. So, today, we toast their libertine livers; we drink to their blind(-drunk) ambition.


FRISKA VILJOR on MySPACE.

From the LP TOUR DE HEARTS, 2008 >>>
[
MP3] "Old Man"
[
MP3] "On and On"

From the LP BRAVO!, 2007 >>>
[
MP3] "Four Points"
[
MP3] "Puppet Cabaret"

No comments: